Every woman deserves a man to ruin her lipstick, not her mascara
~ Charlotte Tilburry.
I thought it was about time to celebrate the miracle that is mascara; it’s been with us through heart breaks, love, our job interviews and even on our very special wedding day! so it’s pretty fair to say it has always been there for us like a great friend, but have we ever stopped and wondered where our beloved mascara came from ?
Mascara has been a beauty essential for both woman and men since the very start, first recorded 3400 BC the egyptian’s made the first mascara form khole, honey and crocodile dung – how delightful! Their special mascara was also used as body paint, on their lashes and an eyeliner; as it was perfect for sun protection. Mascara then took a break for a little while, then was revived again in 1830 known as the Victorian Era. And proudly so, it started with a bang; ladies were starting to be creative too and because their favourite idol had red/ fair lashes they started mixing wild berries into their mascara to be like their queen !
Thanks to one man, mascara was professionally made and distributed in 1917; it was a huge step for woman all over, they finally had a certified mascara that was professionally manufactured that was quick and easy to us and to most importantly SAFE!
This amazing man is the one and only Eugene Rimmil, sounds familiar ? Look below you’ve probably used one of his products on a night out!
Through the years of being mascaras number one mascot, I’ve gathered some tips!
- To give the illusion of lovely, long and thick lashes, when you apply your lashes go in real close and bufffthe mascara at the base of your lashes and then roll out – this will create a liner look !
- If you want to tint your brows in a second then light, and I cannot stress this enough LIGHTLY comb your wand through your brows – ( the goal is for them to look softly tinted, and not like ernie – or maybe it is ! )
Mascaras I’m in love with
- Better than Sex 5 out of 5 stars.
- Maybellene false 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.
- Bad girl Bang 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.
- BobbiBrown Smokey 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.